ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC Canada with design, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, animation, technical finaling, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
Known for our quality, efficiency, and timely deliveries, ICON has partnered alongside distributors, broadcasters, and streaming platforms around the world to help create, realize and produce noteworthy content.
ICON operates from a holistic philosophy that leverages individual skill sets to maximize production efficiency on the floor while maintaining an optimal balance of creativity and quality on-screen.
Work in studio or remotely (anywhere in British Columbia).
Why work at ICON?
At ICON we constantly invest in raising the bar of our productions and fostering our people. If you are a passionate artist capable of sharing success with others, we'd like to hear from you!
- Join the fastest growing CG Animation studio in Vancouver
- Work in a safe environment. The company has successfully set up the ability to work from home via a high-speed Teradici connection.
- Work on top feature episodic CG franchises for leading streaming platforms (Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, Amazon, Peacock, Paramount+ etc.)
- Work with a diverse group of artists from all over the world who have come to BC to join our expanding studio
- Use all of the latest tools and Softwares
- We uphold a premium standard of quality across all of our production
- We hire for the long term and give artists the opportunity to grow, get promoted and take on as much responsibility as they can manage
- We offer flexibility and autonomy
- We facilitate requests and make changes in a timely manner
- We support PR applications
- Direct Deposit
- We offer a generous benefits package for all employees
- Senior Animators are the seasoned veterans on each line.
- They are expected to animate more complex or technically challenging shots to a high level of polish, all while consistently maintaining their quota.
- Seniors are expected to take greater care in the details of their performance and generate a minimum of notes.
- Senior Animators have the added responsibility of mentoring and guiding the Junior Animators on their line by teaching them efficient work flow and good habits.
- They should lead by example and assist their lead when asked upon.
- More than 3 years of work experience in 3D animation using MAYA in a series or film production;
- A strong background as a Lead in feature or series CG character animation;
- Have experience and an interest in cartoony style;
- Quadruped animation’s experience recommended;
- Comfortable with filming reference footage and using the reference footage;
- Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools;
- Ability to understand and interpret effectively a storyboard and the Director’s feedback and be able to give direction to a team;
- Have good teaching skills, be a mentor, and technically and artistically develop the team;
- Ability to work well in a team and excellent communication skills;
ICON Creative Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
*Ask us about our generous benefits program.