ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC Canada with design, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, animation, technical finaling, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
Known for our quality, efficiency, and timely deliveries, ICON has partnered alongside distributors, broadcasters, and streaming platforms around the world to help create, realize and produce noteworthy content.
ICON operates from a holistic philosophy that leverages individual skill sets to maximize production efficiency on the floor while maintaining an optimal balance of creativity and quality on-screen.
Work in studio or remotely (anywhere in British Columbia).
Why work at ICON?
At ICON we constantly invest in raising the bar of our productions and fostering our people. If you are a passionate artist capable of sharing success with others, we'd like to hear from you!
- Join the fastest growing CG Animation studio in Vancouver
- Work in a safe environment. The company has successfully set up the ability to work from home via a high-speed Teradici connection.
- Work on top feature episodic CG franchises for leading streaming platforms (Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, Amazon, Peacock, Paramount+ etc.)
- Work with a diverse group of artists from all over the world who have come to BC to join our expanding studio
- Use all of the latest tools and Softwares
- We uphold a premium standard of quality across all of our production
- We hire for the long term and give artists the opportunity to grow, get promoted and take on as much responsibility as they can manage
- We offer flexibility and autonomy
- We facilitate requests and make changes in a timely manner
- We support PR applications
- Direct Deposit
- We offer a generous benefits package for all employees
- Must have a good understanding of human anatomy
- Must have a post-secondary education of 1 to 2 years from an Institution or College with a VFX/Animation specialization
- Proficiency in Maya
- Must be proficient in relevant software including Photoshop, ZBrush, Mari, Mudbox, Substance Painter, Renderman and Arnold
- Must be at least an Intermediate Level Artists with 3 plus years’ of CG modeling/texturing experience required working in an Animation, Gaming or Digital Visual Effects Studio.
- Acts as the Supervisors right hand
- Must have in-depth knowledge and experience related to the Production
- Responsible for training, guiding and mentoring all team members
- Assist with R&D for new assets
- Can build and surface any type of model
- Assists with building the asset/legacy library
- Assist with developing team workshops and training material
- Ensures work completed by team is correct for the style of the show, for pipeline, for all departments.
- Attends dailies, meetings with other department supervisors.
- Actively problem solves issues that come up throughout the shows run.
- Aptitude to handle all issues regarding the modeling department (model, uv, texture, surface, light, render)
- Responsible for R&D or otherwise directing team on R&D matters
- Understands the pipeline, and has knowledge or experience in other departments
- Works alongside production in delegation of tasks and managing production schedule to ensure assets are delivered on time
- Takes charge in situations, fixes all the little odds and ends that need fixing up.
- Has the final word on all matters regarding their team
- Responsible for participating in hiring, reviews, disciplinary measures, and promotions Is gorgeous.
ICON Creative Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
*Ask us about our generous benefits program.