ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC Canada with design, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, animation, technical finaling, lighting, visual effects and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
Known for our quality, efficiency and timely deliveries, ICON has partnered alongside distributors, broadcasters and streaming platforms around the world to help create, realize and produce noteworthy content.
ICON operates from a holistic philosophy that leverages individual skill sets to maximize production efficiency on the floor while maintaining an optimal balance of creativity and quality on screen.
During this challenging time, we have successfully transitioned to a virtual studio. The health of our employees is always our priority. We will see you soon!
We’re looking for Modeling/Texturing Artists (All Levels) to join our exciting CG productions. You will be working closely with Asset Supervisor to model characters, props and environments.
Junior Modeler/Texture Artist
- Knowledge of Maya
- Knowledge of relevant software including Photoshop, ZBrush, Mari, Mudbox, Substance Painter and Arnold
- Less then 2 years of CG modeling/texturing experience required working in an Animation, Gaming or Digital Visual Effects Studio.
- Minimal production experience
- Proficient in building and texturing props
- Able to assist with building and texturing minor sets or sets with reuse elements
- Able to assist with building and texturing background characters or characters with reuse elements
- Must know how to take a model all the way to completion (Model, UV, Texture, Surface, Light, Render)
- Must possess an artistic eye for form and colour
- May require some guidance in different work flows (topology, texturing, surfacing and uv’ing)
- May require guidance in understanding who and why pipeline works the way it does
- Able to handle a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
- Take responsibility for their own work and can complete tasks within the time allotted
- Show passion for their craft and engage in similar activities in their spare time, including taking the time to further their knowledge through study
- Able to Identify issues and relay them to team members
Intermediate Modeler/Texture Artist
- Proficiency in Maya
- Must be proficient in relevant software including Photoshop, ZBrush, Mari, Mudbox, Substance Painter, Renderman and Arnold
- 2 to 5 years of CG modeling/texturing experience creating and texturing models in Maya
- More than 2 years of CG modeling/texturing experience required working in an Animation, Gaming or Digital Visual Effects Studio.
- Proficient in building and texturing minor sets or sets with reuse elements
- Able to build and texture simpler to mid-level sets
- Able to build and texture simpler to mid-level characters
- Proficient in building and texturing vehicles
- Scripting ability in relevant languages including Python highly desirable
- Good communication skill
- Can model and texture both props, characters and environments and can work to a high level of finish if required
- Able to approach and complete tasks with minimal help
- Establish designs and produce an accurate translation of the design reference saying on the model (in style), follow the design reference accurately and work on a wide range of styles as required
- Have a good understanding of the Studio pipeline including how and why things are done the way they are and the effects that may occur further down the pipeline
- Must be proactive and can solve issues independently
- Must be able to take criticism and follow the direction of their Supervisors and Production
- Ability to Interact and cooperate with other departments to solve technical issues
Senior Modeler/Texture Artist
- Proficiency in Maya
- More than 5 years of CG modeling/texturing experience required working in an Animation, Gaming or Digital Visual Effects Studio.
- Must be proficient in relevant software including Photoshop, ZBrush, Mari, Mudbox, Renderman and Arnold
- 5 years plus of CG experience creating and texturing models in Maya
- Able to build and texture unique and/or complicated sets
- Able to build and texture unique and/or complicated characters
- Able to build and texture vehicles
- Show an aptitude or specialize in characters or set modeling and texturing
- Assist with R & D development for new assets
- Assist with training and mentoring Junior and Intermediate Artists
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Can model and texture both props, complex and unique characters and environments
- Has a high degree of both knowledge and experience in other departments and Pipeline
- Proactive at problem solving and self-reliant
- Able to complete all tasks within time allotted
- Interact and cooperate with other departments to solve technical issues
Why work at ICON?
At ICON we constantly invest in raising the bar of our productions and fostering our people. If you are a passionate artist capable of sharing success with others, we'd like to hear from you!
- Join the fastest growing CG Animation studio in Vancouver
- Work from home via high speed Teradici connection
- Work on top feature episodic CG franchises for leading streaming platforms (Netflix, Disney+, Peacock, Paramount+, etc.)
- Work with a diverse group artists from all over the world who have come to Vancouver to work for the company.
- Use all of the latest tools and softwares
- We uphold a premium standard of quality across all of our production
- We hire for the long term and give artists the opportunity to grow, get promoted and take on as much responsibility as they can manage
- We offer flexibility and autonomy
- We facilitate requests and make changes in a timely manner.
- We support PR applications for our artists
ICON Creative Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.