ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC Canada with design, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, animation, technical finaling, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
Known for our quality, efficiency, and timely deliveries, ICON has partnered alongside distributors, broadcasters, and streaming platforms around the world to help create, realize and produce noteworthy content.
ICON operates from a holistic philosophy that leverages individual skill sets to maximize production efficiency on the floor while maintaining an optimal balance of creativity and quality on-screen.
This is primarily an on-site position.
Why work at ICON?
At ICON we constantly invest in raising the bar of our productions and fostering our people. If you are a passionate artist capable of sharing success with others, we'd like to hear from you!
At ICON, the Production Manager is responsible for all pre-planning, organization, and setup of an animated series. They work closely with their Coordinators to ensure that every department runs smoothly throughout the production, communicating with all heads of departments and show supervisors, so everyone meets their deadlines and stays within the budget and on schedule. A Production Manager reports to their Producer, Company Management and Executive Producers, who will assess the Production Managers requests, provide additional support, and if necessary additional resources so that production can achieve its deliveries and milestones.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Using the Production’s agreed upon overview schedule, client asset assumptions, and delivery milestones
- Create department specific execution scheduled based upon ICON’s scheduling templates and systems.
- Work with other production team members to oversee day-to-day operations, manage timelines, people, and processes, ensuring the successful management of the production to the previously created schedules, updating daily, weekly as progress is made.
- Daily assessment of the production’s progress, flagging anticipated problems to company Executive Producers to avoid issues and to ensure smooth running, from both a creative quality, schedule /budget and crew happiness standpoint.
- Assist with daily administration from pre-to post-production including managing crew, client communications, artist workload, and technology concerns
- Read through all scripts and flag any concerns regarding production, ex: too many crowds, too many fx, problematic scenarios, model builds, etc
- Work with Series Directors, Supervisors & Animation Directors to facilitate creative needs of the project
- Oversee the daily activities of production coordinators, mentor and train them through our pipeline and ICON systems, bring them up to date and speed
- Attend dailies, scrum, animation weeklies, continuity reviews, client calls, and any relevant meetings throughout the week
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance, and revision of coordinating multiple episodes of the show
- Be on top of every episode to ensure maximum quality on all shows
- Work closely with clients and communicate to artists what is needed for each episode
- Clearly communicate the focus, audience, and resource requirements for each story to the Animation Directors and team
- Review and provide constructive feedback to artists- Monitor employees, do monthly check-ins and performance reviews for probationary periods and annual performance reviews
- Work with other head of departments to understand their needs then advise and craft the proper solution to the Producers
- Ensure client notes are distributed to Directors and artists regarding their episode after doing deliveries for TK1 Animation
Qualifications and Skills:
1+ years in Animation Industry
Excellent communication skills
Strong project management skills and ability to manage people
Team player Experience using Shotgrid, Excel, MS Word, with experience using RV and editorial an asset
Experience managing a team of Coordinators
Experience with client facing positions
Experience within a management and leadership role
ICON Creative Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
*Ask us about our generous benefits program.
Your application was submitted successfully.