*Work from home. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
*Must be able to establish BC residency prior to the end of December 2020.
Junior Shot Finaler
- Knowledge of Maya
- Basic animation skills, modeling skills.
- Knowledge of graph editor
- Able to follow instructions closely.
- Achieves shot quota targets
- Polish already established animations including geometry crashing and animation pops/errors.
- Comfortable in overtime scenarios
- Identify issues and relay them to team members
Intermediate Shot Finaler
- Great working knowledge of maya constraints and deformers (native or pipeline)
- Able to use animation layer to add subtle modifications
- Need to know how to use Studio Library or PAIE well.
- Have good understanding of studio rigged dynamic system as well as most of the underlying attributes that affects the simulation. (nHair/nCloth)
- Have ability to use sim to create wind force, flying, swimming dynamic features.
- Have ability to solve minor issues from different departments: Small weight painting, replace assets, manually cache characters or asset, and so on.
- Fine tune simulation values to achieve desired results by the productions.
- Make appropriate decisions for minor fixing issues and take responsibility for such decisions.
Senior Shot Finaler
- Coding knowledge. Need to understand and be able to write a function for fixing multiple shots.
- Rigging knowledge. Need to understand how rigs are rigged in our studio. Sometimes you have to rebuild dynamic for individual shots.
- Able apply Maya dynamics nodes on the fly
- Require animation skills for animating natural looking hair/skirts.
- Require modelling skills for smoothing mesh topology / making sure texture is not stretched
- Need to have basic knowledge for studio render engine
- Have ability to troubleshoot major issues from different departments: ex. Cache is not applying on Lighting, Maya scene crashes after shot final file, Rigs updated and animation is busted, and so on.
- Create a function or a tool for helping team to fix shots in shortest time.
- Fix animation errors, need to correct animation without breaking the silhouette
- Using dynamic well to achieve advanced simulation
- Create ripples and water splashes.
- Have good imagination for simulation and can do draw over.
- Establish countermeasures during major pipeline breakdown.
- Be able to solve shot issues between different departments
- Reviewing and approving shots